Dubai is an ambitious city with huge malls, exciting nightlife, some very tall buildings, and the largest man-made island in the world. The city’s vibrant culture attracts tourists from all over the world. A Dubai desert safari is one of the things you must do when you visit Dubai. One of the best tourist destinations in Dubai to enjoy the majestic view of the desert as well as the peace and serenity of the desert. In addition, Dubai is also an excellent place to taste authentic food and learn more about the local Arabic culture, which was very important before Dubai became a tourist center.
Have an unforgettable desert safari in Dubai, including camel rides, sandboarding, a belly dancing show with BBQ, and a chance to wear traditional costumes.
A full day of experiences and exciting activities to make your holiday in Dubai unforgettable. If this is your first time experiencing a fantastic desert safari in Dubai, here is a long list of exciting and fun activities that you can enjoy on a desert safari in Dubai.
How did it start?
- A morning adventure tour will see you aboard a 4×4 Land Cruiser in the Lahbab Red Dunes desert. There, try your hand at dune bashing and sandboarding before stopping at a tented desert camp.
- Enjoy benefits like hotel pickup and drop-off with a local guide.
- When you reach the dunes, prepare for an adrenaline rush from desert activities in Dubai as you race through the dunes in a 4×4 Land Cruiser.
- Enjoy 45 minutes of crazy off-road driving over rugged desert terrain at varying speeds.
- Sandboarding is next, a popular sport to be noticed.
- If you like to upgrade your booking and do other stuff, you can do quad biking.
- Time to relax at the tented camp with Arabic coffee, sweets, and dates.
- Enjoy a camel ride around the camp before returning to your hotel.
Best Adventure Desert Safaris in Dubai
Sand flushing takes off-road driving to the extreme! It’s a classic adventure sport and probably the most popular in Dubai—thunderous 4×4 racing over dunes in twists and turns. Often, the dune rush leads to an impromptu race for the riders to have fun on the coaster! Sand splashing through the air, the ground sliding beneath, and dune bashing are mixed feelings. The drivers know the desert area like their backs and will take you on a beautiful journey. You can dock at the top of the dunes and capture this unforgettable journey with your loved ones!
Quad bikes are the best machines, full of adventure and thrills. These ATVs are like ducks to water on the dunes of Dubai. They offer roller coaster experiences that take them up mountains and roar down slopes for an adrenaline-pumping adventure. Quad bikes are easy to steer, and even novice riders can easily navigate the dunes. Each race will be overseen by trained coaches who will guide the track and ensure safety. Quad biking is not for the faint of heart; the vehicles’ power can be overwhelming, and it is an authentic adventure experience!
beach bike ride
Do you want to share the adventure with the one you love? Then look at Dune Buggy! The Off-Road Monster Dune Buggy is an open-air 4WD vehicle for up to 4 passengers and a driver. A ride in this vehicle will be filled with excitement, and you’ll find yourself jumping for joy with friends and family. You can go dune sprinting across unbelievably high dunes. You can even stop at the top of the dunes for tranquility and stunning desert views. Dune Buggy is led by professional drivers who know the terrain and are dedicated to giving you the most adventurous ride of your life!
Ride a fat bike
Cycling in the desert is no longer impossible! Fat Bike is your first choice for biking through the Dubai desert. Fat cycling is an exciting adventure sport involving fat or fat bikes. Fat bikes are built for snow and sand, giving riders the ultimate thrill when traversing uncharted terrain. You can cycle through the dunes and stop to admire a herd of antelope. The vast flatness of the desert challenges every endurance racer. Bike tours are expertly led through the terrain and allow you to explore the desert in a whole new way of desert transportation!
Sun and sand that’s all you need for an adventurous desert day. The towering dunes are the perfect playground for some fun. Sandboarding is the equivalent of snowboarding and involves sliding down a skateboard from the top of a dune. The specially made sand board is suitable for safe speeding and provides an exciting experience. Sandboarding is a unique activity that can only be done on the giant dunes in the Arabian Desert. The Hajjar Mountains create the perfect backdrop for the desert, offering great photo opportunities for both ascents and descents!
Hot air balloon
Get a bird’s-eye view from 4,000 feet and watch the sunrise over the rolling desert landscape! A hot air balloon ride is a remarkable way to appreciate the beauty of the desert. Enjoy the high-altitude experience as you gently float at 4,000 feet. Dunes dot the horizon. You can spot desert wildlife, including camels, Arabian oryx, and gazelles. Navigated by experienced balloonists, the smooth flight will give you the best views of the desert. However, as you watch the sunrise over the horizon, you will feel an adrenaline rush like never before!
Are safari trips in Dubai safe for children?
Cautious adventuring is the standard for desert safari tour operators. They strive to provide the most adventurous activities for their guests with the utmost attention to detail. The operator offers a variety of desert activities, each of which has been tested for safety. The vehicles used in the event are tested and maintained according to international standards and have a good safety record.
Our desert drivers and coaches are experts in their fields and understand the nature and geography of the desert. Each track has been specially selected to provide the best entertainment safely. Travel agencies have been operating in the area for decades and provide professional services.
Tips if you are taking a desert safari
- You can wear loose, comfortable clothing but avoid flexible fabrics that could get caught in an adventure vehicle. There are no rules on the type of clothing in the desert, but you can prevent sunburn if you are well-dressed.
- Wear sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses to avoid the midday sun.
- The temperature in the desert drops at night, so it is best to bring a light jacket to avoid catching a cold.
- It’s great for sandals, floats, or open-toed shoes because you’ll often be in and out of the sand. If you wear shoes, you can get stuck in the soft sand and have to take them off quite often.
- Adventure activities such as dune rushing, quad biking, and dune buggy are physically demanding. Avoid heavy meals before an event, or stick to light meals to avoid upset stomach or lightheadedness.
- Watch out for experienced professional trainers. If you have any illness or past medical history, please inform the trainer in time to avoid accidents.
- You can use cash and credit cards to purchase souvenirs or participate in additional desert activities such as henna painting and more.
- Choose a good spot near the camp stage if you make any entertainment choices.
- Bring your camera and take pictures; you will have many opportunities to stop and take pictures.
- Riding a camel may seem short, but it is an animal, so you can’t be nervous after a certain period. Please consider them.
Frequent Asked Questions
What Are the Different Types of Desert Safaris in Dubai?
You can choose from a morning desert safari, an afternoon desert safari, or an adventure desert safari in Dubai. You can also opt for a combo tour, which allows you to visit famous attractions like Burj Khalifa and Palm Jumeirah.
What does a desert safari in Dubai include?
What each desert safari in Dubai includes may vary. Depending on your ticket, you can get picked up and dropped off at your hotel for sand biking, sandboarding, quad biking, camel riding, belly dancing, buffet lunch or dinner, and more.
Are hotel pickups limited to specific locations?
Hotels in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi are not included in the round-trip transfer.
Where are the desert safari locations in Dubai?
Dubai has many desert safari locations, such as Al Awir Desert, Lehbab Desert, and Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve. Dubai Desert Safari tickets will include all the information about your site so you can plan your experience accordingly.
Who Can Take a Desert Safari in Dubai?
Anyone can take a desert safari in Dubai for free. Certain restrictions apply to pregnant women, children under two, and adults over 70. Be sure to plan your experience accordingly.
Does Desert Safari in Dubai serve alcohol?
Alcoholic beverages are sold separately. It is not included in your package.
Is there a minimum age limit to play the dunes in Dubai?
Yes, children under four are not allowed to dune jog in Dubai.
Is dune riding safely in Dubai?
Yes, sand surfing is safe as 4×4 jeeps are equipped with safety equipment to protect you and make the activity safe